Q-linea is a young and growing company consisting of a cross-disciplinary team jointly focusing on solving important clinical needs.
Instrument Software Developer, Algorithm and Software Department
Are you interested in joining a fast growing and interesting diagnostic company?
Q-linea AB (publ.), is an innovative research, development and manufacturing company that primarily develops instruments and disposables for rapid and reliable infection diagnostics. Q-linea’s vision is to help save lives by ensuring antibiotics continue to be an effective treatment for future generations. Q-linea develops and delivers preferred solutions for healthcare providers, enabling them to accurately diagnose and treat infectious disease in the shortest possible time. The company’s lead product ASTar™ is a fully automated instrument for antibiotic susceptibility testing (AST), giving a susceptibility profile within six hours directly from a positive blood culture. For more information, please visit www.qlinea.com.
The visiting address of the head office is Dag Hammarskjölds väg 52A, Uppsala.
Description of the position
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced person to work with instrument software development for the ASTar instrument. The position involves development of embedded software for microprocessors as well as high-level software for controlling hardware units.
You will be based in Uppsala, Sweden and you will report to the Manager Algorithm and Software also located in Uppsala.
As an instrument software developer, you will:
- Work in an agile project setting, being part of the project team developing instrument software
- Develop software for controlling hardware units – such as pipetting robots, motors, heaters, cameras etc. – in the ASTar instrument. The coding language will be C#
- Develop embedded code for microprocessors. The coding language will be C
- Create design suggestions, implement, test and document the solutions
- Ensure proper document management and control is practiced according to procedures, company QMS and ISO 13485.
Education Skills and Experience
- Education: MSc in engineering or software development or documented matching work experience.
- Experience: Previous experience of software development in C# and C.
- Experience: Previous experience of software development for instrument control.
- Experience: Previous experience of software development for microprocessors.
- Language: Good English (understanding, speaking and writing)
- Language skills: Good Swedish (understanding, speaking and writing)
- Experience: Documented experience from the life science field.
- Experience: Experience from working in ISO 13485 certified quality systems.
For questions regarding this position please contact Magnus Sandow, Manager Algorithm and Software Department firstname.lastname@example.org or 070-2244420
Applications, including CV, shall be submitted to email@example.com, mark the application with “Instrument Software Developer”.
Last application date is June 14th, but applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. The position may therefore be appointed before last application day.
We are always on the lookout for new talented and competent individuals. Please submit your resume and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org
We occasionally offer thesis projects to students, primarily in engineering disciplines. If interested, please contact us regarding your thesis project ideas at email@example.com
Currently, we are interested in applications for thesis projects from students in molecular biology, microbiology, and software, electrical, and/or mechanical engineering.