Supplier Code of Conduct
Message from the CEO
We, at Q-linea AB (Q-linea) have a mission to help future generations to get access to effective antibiotic treatment. In our strive to develop products and services to meet our mission it is our commitment to do so ethically, respectfully and honestly. As reflected in the Q-linea Code of Conduct, Q-linea is committed to high standards of integrity and sustainability.
Q-linea has a ‘zero tolerance’ policy when it comes to unethical business behavior, such as bribery, corruption and forced labor. We expect all of our suppliers to adhere to similar standards and to conduct their business ethically. As a supplier, you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations, the requirements set out in this Q-linea Supplier Code of Conduct and your contractual obligations to us.
This Q-linea Supplier Code of Conduct defines the main principles underlying your business activities as one of our suppliers. By embracing this Code, we acknowledge what is required and obligated of all of us and I thank all of you for doing so.
As a supplier to Q-linea you shall be committed to the highest business ethics standards and compliance with all applicable laws and other relevant regulation. In particular, you will:
- Refrain from any and all forms of corruption, extortion and bribery, and specifically ensure that payments, gifts or other commitments to customers (including Q-linea employees), government officials and any other party are in compliance with applicable anti-bribery laws
- Adhere to anti-trust and other competition laws
- Disclose to Q-linea information regarding potential conflicts of interest relating to your activities as a Q-linea supplier, including disclosure of any financial interest a Q-linea employee may hold in your business
- Protect all confidential information provided by Q-linea and our respective business partners
- Respect intellectual property of others, including Q-linea
- Adhere to international trade regulations and export control regulations.
As a supplier to Q-linea, you shall:
- Respect the personal dignity, privacy and rights of each individual
- Refuse to make any person work against his or her will
- Prohibit behavior including gestures, language and physical contact, that is sexual, coercive, threatening, abusive or exploitative.
Fair labor conditions
You shall ensure fair labor conditions. In particular, you will:
- Refrain from employment discrimination based on gender, age, ethnicity, nationality, religion, disability, union membership, political affiliation or sexual orientation
- Respect the rights of employees to freely associate and bargain collectively
- Not tolerate or use child labor in any stage of your activities other than in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Not use any forced labor, including but not limited to involuntary prison labor, victims of slavery and human trafficking and allow all employees the choice to leave their employment freely upon reasonable notice
- Compensate employees fairly and follow local wage regulations and / or collective agreements, and where these do not exist, compensate employees so at the minimum they can meet their basic needs
- Ensure that working hours, including overtime, do not exceed applicable legal requirements, and where such requirements do not exist, we recommend that working hours not exceed sixty hours per week including overtime
- Ensure that employees are allowed at least one uninterrupted day off per week.
Health, safety and environmental management
As a supplier to Q-linea you shall provide a safe and healthy workplace for all of your employees and shall conduct your business in an environmentally sustainable way. In particular, you will:
- Formally appoint a competent person to manage health, safety and environmental programs and improvements
- Establish appropriate organizational structures and procedures for the effective management of health, safety and environmental risks
- Ensure that all workers are sufficiently aware of these risks and appropriately trained on the implementation of control measures.
As a supplier to Q-linea you shall
- Comply with all applicable environmental, health and safety regulations
- Promote the safe and environmentally sound development, manufacturing, transport, use and disposal of your products
- Ensure by using appropriate management systems that product quality and safety meet the applicable requirements
- Protect your employees’ and neighbors’ life and health, as well as the general public at large against hazards inherent in your processes and products
- Use resources efficiently, apply energy-efficient and environmentally friendly technologies and reduce waste, as well as emissions to air, water and soil
- Minimize your negative impact on biodiversity, climate change and water scarcity.